Wednesday 3 August 2011

Writing Prompt #8: Write about a bedroom

It's been too long since I've done a writer's prompt.
Too much vacation time in Holland,
(seriously, I will put up some pics as soon as I figure out how to get them off my ipod).

Anyway,
today's prompt is "Write about a bedroom".
Hopefully I won't be too rusty at this.
Same rules apply:
Ten minutes of writing on whatever the topic brings to your mind,
no editing!

**********************

It was like nestling in the hollow of a giant's hand. The comforter weighed down on my back with just the right amount of pressure--I was safe.  A tiny slit let in enough air so that it didn't get stale in my cotton cocoon.  The night was black but that was how I liked it.  The darkness was slick against my skin hiding my flaws from the world.  Here in the night no one would mock me.  No one could see where the darkness ended and I began.  In the darkness all lines were blurred.  This room was where my mind found solace as my peers in the playground mocked my over-sized hand me down clothes.  The dirt colour of my skin.  Here was safety.  Here was peace.  Here was home.  In the distance I heard the lullaby of the night train howling on the wind.  Soon the rumbling of wheels on track were rocking the whole house.  Rocking me deeper into the sweet release of sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment